Monday, September 12, 2011

NOT my brother.

So, there is girl named Meredith who lives down the hall from me. 

She's not a new student, but she's on her first year here. We've gotten to know each other recently.

Today, on the way to dinner, she asks me if I have a brother. Here is how the conversation went:

Meredith: Hey, do you have a brother?
Me: No, why?
Meredith: There's this guy here who really looks like you and you have the exact same personality.
Me: Really? What's his name?
Meredith: I'm not sure. He's in my history class though. 
Me: Gotcha. Well, point him out in the caf when we get there.

and we walk to the caf.

We walk in, and separate to get our food. When I return to the table, she is clearly excited and goes "HE'S IN HERE!!!!" and I look to where she's pointing.

It was Jesse. The guy I dated for nine months and broke up with over the summer.

OF ALL THE PEOPLE!?

It's not like she could have seen us together, even! We don't really talk at all since the breakup.
She wasn't being a jerk either, she didn't even know his name, and clearly she didn't know the situation.

Note: Jesse has dark brown, curly hair, blue eyes, and a butt chin. I have straight, blond hair, hazel eyes, and no butt chin.
Maybe it's just because we're both small people? No idea.



jesse and myself as daters


Meredith then corrects herself to say that we don't look like twins, but there could be a family resemblance, and it's really our personality that made her think that.

Whatever you say Meredith.

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment